Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This was on my heart for far too long... In refference to far too many dear friends...

A Letter for the Princes or the PauperBy William Robert Stoy, IV

My child, my child
A Father should never have to bare a broken heart for his beloved daughter
When will you refuse to be the “other” girl?
I watch with unrelenting eyes of sorrow
Searching for the hope I hold for you
I watched you let it go
It almost broke my spirit too.

Now as I look into your longing
I see a fire fading from your eye
A desire lost in doubt, to darkness
Like a lamp with the light all out

I will never lose you
Though I have to let you go.

Know that I will always love you, even when he won’t.

When will you know your worth, when will you wait to receive what you deserve?
Too young to be a bride, your prince will come in time
You are a Daughter of the Kingdom
Baring the blood of royalty, what will you choose to be
A Princess or a pauper?

Signed,
The Unrelenting Lover

5 comments:

  1. This is the first time any of your writings have made me tear up.... ::understatement::

    And I don't care what anyone else thinks about that. It was like reading a love letter from God specifically written to me (not that it's not for others or anything of the sort, but that felt personal to me).

    Never thought I'd say this to you, but you had good timing with this.

    You have no idea...Thank you.






    ::walks away shaking head:: "no idea....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my GOSH Billy this is beautiful.
    I really like the way you write. It makes me want to do something....a Creating Something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a few lines that tore right through me...

    "It almost broke my spirit too."
    "I will never lose you, though I have to let you go."
    "Know that I will always love you, even when he won't."

    That last one has been my heartbeat lately. Thank you for this. You've expressed in words what Jesus has been tenderly showing me in life. I love Him so!

    My request is that you turn this into a quiet song... something simple and agonizing. These words are piercing and beautiful. With music and your voice, they could be even more powerful and reach so many women. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually didn't write it. It's an old song, and I changed the last two lines. Sorry to disappoint you.

    And it was too much of a hassle to keep my blog private so just ignore those. I knew you didn't check your email often so I just wanted to overwhelm your inbox with invites ;-)

    ReplyDelete