Thursday, November 12, 2009

This is a poetic response to Richie's Poem "Pencil and paper cant quite express the truth" Read that first... http://ragingsicilian.blogspot.com/ ...

A Letter from the Forgetting Friend- By William Robert Stoy, IV

Hell, Oh, Dear Friend
Is where I’m afraid that I may find you
Now that I’ve returned.
They say it’s simply

Separation.

And I believe them.
Though I believe the times have changed, as colors turn
From Red to Grays
Which leaves me falling from the trees
Into a certain season’s grave,
Uncomfortable at best
And seemingly
Unchanging

What difference does it make? I don’t
Remember

Though in a season, seeming grave
A certain seed may simply brake
And be replaced by roots
A new creation
Growing is a process, much like
Faith.

We must have Faith in Friendship.

Finding a fresh foundation, a seed
Can grow into the tree that it was always meant to be
Branches Born Again, as Arms Again
Embracing
Reaching for each other in forgiveness
“Pulling one another into the steps that only the closest of friends may dance”

Dear Friend, let us raise our glass
And toast to time well spent together

May I conclude with congratulations of camaraderie?
As we drink, let the taste of laughter and love
Wash away all that was bitter and lonely
And know that you will never be forgotten.

Signed,
Your Brother in Arms

5 comments:

  1. Dude, again, I commented and it didnt register...grrr... all I know is this is amazing... in so many ways... the fact that it made me feel great shame at what Ive been through as well as great joy knowing what God is doing a new work in myself and in you and in our friendship... i love all of the little secret things that were put in here that I noticed that I wont call out because I want others to be able to pick them out without my help. I love the analogy between the seasons of our lives and the four seasons... I love the direct references to my poem that show an awesome connection... it is wonderful and i am so glad..
    and yes you may congratulate our comraderie lol...

    tag sucka..
    peace and God bless you always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear your ideas, but I know that Ali and Janna are going to be mostly in charge of things since I'm at school, but maybe we could meet soon? And to chat...would be really nice. I haven't chatted with a fellow brother in a really long time. And being in college and being surrounded by guys who's morals and standards are so different than mine that it almost physically hurts to hear them talk about things like that...it's been a really long time since I've had a really good, in depth God based conversation from someone who shares the same views. Do you think that's possibly to have anytime soon? Sorry this wasn't a comment about your piece...I need to catch up and I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now I caught up. I really like how you made this your own, and how this corresponds to Richie's poem. This really touched me, even though this is obviously not for me. It's full of hope and love. So you and Richie are sending secret messages to each other now? ::roles eyes:: jk, jk. I don't like, however, that there are secret things for me to figure out. I'm not that fast when it comes to picking something out in poetry. So I'll believe they were for Richie only. But for real, I like the emotion this brings me when I read it and the feelings of hope with someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so It is a little too late to send chose differnt pics Billy because I have already sent in the pictures to be blown up. Though I thank you I just didn't really have any choice because I had to get them in as fast at possible. Also we will be hanging them up really soon so if you could get back to us with your thoughts that would be great. I do believe I sent oyu an email, but should I send you another and I believe the video is still posted on facebook if you want to watch it again though there will be a little editing done to it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey bud, I have to remind her it's not on facebook anymore. I'll ask her again tomorrow if she can re-upload it, but here it is on youtube with the audio disabled:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv51FMjMfzo

    ReplyDelete